This site puts cookies on your device to make it work better. By continuing to use our site, we’ll assume you’re okay with this. More about cookies
Primary school places
You can apply for a Primary school place for September 2017 if your child:
- lives in Leicestershire
- is eligible to
- start primary school (was born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013 inclusive) or
- transfer from infant to junior school (was born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010) during the academic year 2017-18
The closing date for applications for the September 2017 intake was 15 January 2017. Applications are now classed as a late application.
The ‘Your Guide to Primary Education’ has all the information required to apply for a Primary School place.
View the guide that relates to the area where your child will go to school:
Hints and Tips
The following hints and tips will help you with your application:
- Apply on time - the closing date was 15 January 2017 for first time admissions. Applications are now classed as a late application.
- Apply online - this is secure and the easiest way to apply
- Use your right to apply for three choices of school, but make sure that one choice is always your catchment school
- Read each school’s admissions policy before making an application
- Remember to ensure that all of the information that you have supplied is correct and accurate before you submit it
- Check that you press the 'submit' button and receive an acknowledgement email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can download an application form below:
The closing date for applications for the September 2017 intake was 15 January 2017.
The results for applications made by the closing date, will be made available on 18 April 2017.
Applications can be made after the 15 January using the Online Admissions website, but are classed as a late application.