There's just over two weeks left to apply for primary and infant school places, parents are reminded.
The 15 January closing date is approaching and we're urging people to apply on time.
Applications need to be made for:
• children born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013
• children moving from infant to junior school
The council has published top tips to help:
- Apply on time – the closing date is 15 January, 2017 for first time admissions
- Apply online – this is secure and the easiest way to apply
- Use your right to apply for three choices of school, but make sure that one choice is always your catchment school
- Read each school’s admissions policy before making an application
- Remember to ensure that all of the information that you have supplied is correct and accurate before you submit it
- Check that you press the 'submit' button and receive an acknowledgement email
Starting school can be a stressful time and we’d urge parents to take five minutes to read the tips. To give your child the best chance of securing a place, we encourage parents to apply on time and online.Person:Councillor Ivan Ould, cabinet member for children and families
To find out more, please visit school admissions online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 305 6684.
- Starting school isn't automatic and all parents need to apply
- Both processes, whether applying to start school for the first time or transferring from infant to junior schools, are the same for a local authority school or academy.
- Online applicants will receive an email acknowledging receipt and be able to view the decision on 17 April, 2017 - you can also apply by post.